Let’s show Val Camilletti how much her family’s business has meant to our community of music aficionados. Did you hang out at Val’s after school? Launch your band from the Val’s halla stage? What awesome music were you introduced to? Did it change your life? Please be specific. Send me a paragraph of your memories from the 1970’s, 80’s, 90’s, or 2000’s. Val’s Halla has provided four decades of musical influence and support in Chicagoland. Let’s return the love. Juiciest stories will be posted to my blog, the OPAD website, and other local e-news sites. All love letters will be forwarded to Val herself to celebrate hallaPalooza the weekend of July 28th in the Oak Park Arts District.
- Submit 1 paragraph (3-5 sentences).
- Include your name, age, occupation/student status/band name, city, & contact info.
- Date of your memory, especially decade.
- Plus: 1 extra line of well-wishes or birthday greetings.
- Subject header: “hallaPalooza”
- Digital photo if the spirit moves you.
- By submitting your memory-paragraph and/or photo, you are giving permission to have them published online and on other media to promote & celebrate hallaPalooza.
- Deadline: ASAP through 7/27/12.
- M.G. Bertulfo, firstname.lastname@example.org
- (708) 317-TALE
Thanks and rock on!
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.